wtwh.org

A SHIFT OF FAITH

By Rev. Philip Khaoya

Founder, Royal Evangelistic Ministries,
Kitale, Kenya

Dear Rev. Tim Sullivan,

Thank you for your wonderful and dynamic message you delivered in the Leaders’ Conference in Kitale, Kenya, from 27 September to 1 October, 2010. For over thirty years I have preached the Gospel of Christ, but I have had very little accomplishments. I did not discover the problem until I heard your message on trusting God.

For many years I put my trust in foreign assistance and in men. You taught us from Jeremiah 2:13 that God’s people had committed two sins – they had forsaken God and had dug their own cistern that cannot hold water; and that the worse curse on mankind was trusting in man and not God (Jer. 17:5-8). For many years I have walked on spiritual crutches because of my trust in man and on objects. In this conference I discovered that the truth alone would set me free.

You challenged us that the first disciples of Christ never had facilities like cars, radios, newspapers, TV, etc, but used what God had given them to preach the Gospel and spread it abroad.

This conference has brought a turning point to my ministry and my lifestyle. I have now shifted my faith in man to God. Praise be to the name of God.

From the January 2011 issue of The Vine & Branches